COVID-19 Emergency Financial Assistance For Ohio State Beauty Academy Students
The Ohio State Beauty Academy is offering $1,500 grants for eligible students who are experiencing financial hardship due to the coronavirus pandemic.
These emergency grants can be used by eligible students who are struggling with living expenses or facing other unexpected financial challenges related to the disruption of campus operations due to this pandemic, including expenses such as food, housing, course materials and supplies, technology, health care, and child care.
To be eligible for the federal relief dollars, a student needs to have been in attendance on March 13, 2020 and be currently enrolled in a program during this coronavirus period, with a FAFSA on file and be eligible to receive Title IV federal financial aid. In addition, students must meet all guidelines as determined by the US Department of Education. A list of these eligibility requirements is listed below.
CARES Act Funding
As part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, money was set aside for Higher Education Institutions to provide aid to students facing financial hardships. This fund, the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund, granted the Ohio State Beauty Academy approximately $175,286 to help mitigate financial impact of the pandemic. Of this total, 50%, or $87,643 will be used to directly assist eligible students experiencing financial hardships caused by the pandemic. The remaining funds are designated to OSBA to offset additional expenses created by the pandemic.
There are approximately 46 students eligible to receive $1,500 Emergency Grants from UNOH through the CARES Act program.
How To Apply For An Emergency Grant
- * Simply fill out the application for the grant included in the letter mailed to OSBA Students on May 8, 2020.
- * OSBA Financial Aid Office will review each application to determine eligibility.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. For those eligible, the $1,500 Emergency Grant will be posted to the student’s account and the check will be processed within 14 business days of receipt of the application. Final due date for applications is Monday, June 22, 2020.
Emergency Grants will be awarded in accordance with federal, state, and institutional rules and regulations. The U.S. Department of Education requirements are listed below.
Eligible Students must:
- * Be a U.S. citizen or national, permanent resident, or other eligible noncitizen.
- * Be currently enrolled in a program on March 13, 2020, the date of President Trump’s National Emergency declaration due to the Coronavirus outbreak.
- * Have a FAFSA on file in Financial Aid office.
- * Be making satisfactory academic progress.
- * Not owe an overpayment on Title IV grants or loans, or not be in default on Title IV loans.
- * Have returned fraudulently obtained Title IV funds if convicted of or pled guilty or no contest to charges.
- * Not have fraudulently received Title IV loans in excess of annual or aggregate limits.
- * Have repaid Title IV loan amounts in excess of annual or aggregate limits if obtained inadvertently.
- * Have Selective Service registration verified.
- * Not have a federal or state conviction for drug possession or sale, with certain time limitations.
As of June 5, 2020, 0 students have received emergency funding through the CARES Grant program. The total amount awarded as of this date is $0.00
These numbers will be updated every 30 days with current disbursement amounts from the Ohio State Beauty Academy to students who applied for, and are eligible to receive, Emergency Grants in accordance with standards set by the U.S. Department of Education.